Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Meet The Artist: David Bergholz January 29th at 7 p.m.

Fine Arts photographer David Bergholz will appear at a reception for his Play and Learn Photos exhibit currently on display at the Shaker Heights Main Library. He has been a long time photographer and was responsible for commissioning the work of nationally known photographers for 12 years of annual reports while executive director of the George Gund Foundation.

Artist Statement
“I have been a volunteer reader at the Play and Learn Center for the past few years. Since I started this assignment I have also been taking photos of the children. Some of these images on display are mounted in the Center and others are gathered in an album on display in the center. I am very busy in my "retirement" but my time at Play and Learn is the most rewarding fun I have all week. I hope you get some sense of that from viewing these photographs.”

About the Artist
David Bergholz is a fine arts photographer who has exhibited his images and conceptual work at SPACES, Heights Arts, Murray Hill Galleries LLC, the Cleveland Botanical Garden, Firelands Association for the Visual Arts in Oberlin and the Mattress Factory in Pittsburgh. His work is represented by Bonfoey Gallery.

Meet the Artist: January 29, 2008, 7 - 8 p.m.

Exhibit on Display: Monday January 07, 2008 - Friday February 08, 2008, 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Where: Main Library, 16500 Van Aken Boulevard | Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120 | 216.991.2030

For more on the exhibit and David Bergholz, visit the Shaker Heights Public Library website.

No comments: